Monday 15 August 2016

Lush Cosmetics Haul and Review

A look at my most recent Lush purchases and what I think of them.


Also guys, this isn't sponsored (like as if I'm a big enough blogger to be sponsored) I just REAALLLYY love Lush, and I love doing reviews for you guys! (Though if someone hooked me up with the sponsor I wouldn't be mad! LOL) 

Also all the headings/names of the products will be clickable links that will direct you to where to buy these, as with all of my previous blog posts, I try to make sure all products mentioned are clickable links so if you guys would like to buy them, you can find them easily! 










The first thing I want to tell you about these products is that they are all Vegan, and I've a few Vegan friends who might be very happy to hear that! Now, let's get started!

1. 93,000 Miles - Shower Jelly.
I started off with this because honestly this is my favourite product of all 3 products I'll be 
reviewing today.  Honestly I think I have found a new favourite Lush product in this one.  It combined two of my ALL TIME FAVE scents peppermint and cinnamon, it actually does what it's supposed to do, and it's a jelly, like that's just fun! Here's a look at it:




Now onto why I love this so much.  So, I've been trying to get back on track with my fitness as of late, going on jogs/runs and doing some other small exercises at home, and I've found I'm getting aching muscles and joints because I'm using parts of my body that I haven't in a while.  Honestly I went for a run last Sunday and nearly DIED, but this little beauty saved my life I was in sooooo much pain, but after massaging this into my muscles in the shower I felt like a new woman again! 





The only negative thing I can say about this product is that it's kind of awkward to use, I mean it's jelly so its soooo slippy, and it kept falling out of my hands in the shower, but that's not really a big complaint.  It also didn't lather as well as I hoped it would, but again it's only a small complaint on an overall brilliant product that really does as it's supposed to! 




2. Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment - Bath Oil. 
This was definitely the prettiest product from the haul, its a half gold half pink ALL sparkly bath oil, and I think the best way to describe it is just to show it to you! 



This bath oil has to be one of the nicest smelling bath oils from Lush that I've tried so far! It reminds me of a sweet shop with its sweet marshmallow and candyfloss scent.  It also made my skin and hair feel super soft after the bath thanks to the mixture of essential oils, coconut oils and almond oils, all round a beautiful product. 


However it didn't photograph well, and these photos don't do it any justice of how pretty the colours looked in the bath.  There were also flecks of glitter in it that I tried to capture, but it just didn't work out for me, sorry guys! *sad face*




So sorry about the little fleck of dust/fluff in the above photos, our bath at home doesn't get used very often, but unfortunately I didn't notice it until after I took these and by then most of the bath oils had dissolved so I had no photos of what it looked like at the start! I also had no way of editing it out, so if anyone can recommend a good photo editor that I don't have to pay monthly for let ya gurl know :D 





Like I said I don't really think the photos did this bath oil any justice, but when it dissolved it made my bath water this amazing rose gold colour that shone and sparkled in the lights, AND smelled amazing! Delighted. Though I usually prefer more bubbles in my bath! 


3. The Comforter - Bubble Bar.
Last but not least is the beautifully berry scented bubble bar.  I've said this about all of these products, but I'll say it again it smells sooooo good! Like good enough to eat, but I think that's pretty fair to say about every Lush product! Now this was my first time using their bubble bars, I usually go for a bath bomb so this was a change for me. 






The girl in the shop said that they lather super easily, and that I should only need a bit of this to have loads of bubbles... so I tried that, with about a third of the bar, (she recommended that much) and it did lather well,  but not as bubbly as I would have liked.  But instead of leaving my warm bathroom in search of the rest of this bubble bar, I made do with it for this time, and next time I use it I'm just going to use the rest and have a SUPER bubbly bath! 







As you can see it made the water a beautiful dark purply/pink colour which I loved.  This bubble bar is recommended for when you've been having a generally bad time, to be comforting and relaxing to put you back into a good frame of mind to face the world.  At the time I used this, I really needed it, and I can honestly it did feel comforting and relaxing so job well done! 



That's all I have for now!


Until the next time, 
MK xo






No comments: