Monday 29 May 2017

Review: Stila Mascara and Eyeshadow Palette

Review of Stila Eyes Are The Window  Eyeshadow Palette, and Stila Mile High Lashes Mascara


I got this beautiful eyeshadow palette and mascara given to me for my birthday in November by one of my best friends (thanks Laura) and because I've been so busy with my final year of college I'm only getting around to finally writing up a review for them now! But taking so long to write this up means one thing, I've used them so much by now that I can give a better more in depth review, for you to read! 

STILA  Eyes Are The Window Palette in Spirit and Mile High Lashes Mascara

Also another bit of good news, as of 2017 Stila have pulled their products from China so they are also now cruelty free!  Though I would like to point out that some of their products do contain animal products (such as beeswax) so this brand is not Vegan, so you may have to check the ingredients list to see if  some of their products are Vegan and suitable for you to use. 


Anyway on to the review, I've also included a makeup look I created using these products so you can see what they are like.  Please keep in mind that I am no Beauty Guru or MUA,  just an ordinary girl with ordinary makeup skills.  However I am quite proud of the look I created so please be nice! 

Eyes Are The Window Spirit Palette:

The Eyes Are The Window Palette in Spirit has 10 beautifully pigmented shimmer shadows, and 2 matte shadows.  The shadows are a beautiful mix of neutral shades, golds, and rose colours.  

The packaging of this palette is honestly AMAZING! I love the rose gold mirrored case, it is so shiny you can see yourself in it. Its also very heavy duty and durable, having had it for quite some time, and bringing it to and from home and Dublin with me, its been dropped and dragged all over the place, and no cracks or large scratches to be seen.  I also love the size of this palette, its the perfect size to fit into your bag, making it perfect for travelling.  

Inside the palette there is also a decent sized mirror, which is also really helpful for travelling.  I brought this palette to Edinburgh with me back in December, and I didn't need any other mirror for doing my makeup while I was there.  

STILA  Eyes Are The Window Palette in Spirit and Mile High Lashes Mascara

For those interested the ingredients in this palette are: Talc, Triethylhexanoin , Zinc Stearate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone, Silica, Polyethylene, Ptfe, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Mica. (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake ( Ci 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide. Contains Carmine As A Colour Additive.


This palette retails for between €30 and €4o from where I've seen, however as I said it was a gift and I didn't buy it myself.  For a product of this size, with 12 shadows that are 0.04oz each or just over 1.13 grams, which is a decent amount of product in my opinion.  

So, first off I have to say I love these colours so much.  They're perfect for everyday wear, as well as for going out makeup.  Honestly since I got this palette I've used it pretty much everyday since, and I've hardly made a dent in any of the pans yet! 

Shade Names for Eyes Are The Window Palette in Spirit 

Another thing I have to say I love about this palette is how soft and buttery the shadows feel, especially the shimmers.  As I previously said I love the mix of colours, there's great variety and you can do a lot with these shades and create a number of different looks.  I only have one small complaint and that is that there is not enough matte shades for my liking and I sometimes have to dig out other palettes, or single shadows to complete a look.  However that's only a small complaint.  

The colours swatch really well with a finger, but are slightly less pigmented when using a brush, which is usually the case with eyeshadows.  However the colours are really blendable and easy to use, though I do find espresso and golightly sometimes to be a bit tough to blend, but that could just be me.  I also will say even the really pale shades are extremely pigmented on my skin, and when used over an eye primer, the colours really pop.  (And I don't use a fancy primer, just Essence I Love Stage primer.)

Swatches:

L-R: Kitten, Puppy, Pigalle


L-R: Oasis, Jezebel, Barefoot


L-R: Wheat, Golightly, Espresso


L-R: Chinois, Slate, Pewter

Mile High Lashes Mascara: 

STILA Mile High Lashes Mascara

Firstly I have to say I love the gold mascara tube, I don't know, I just think it looks really fancy!  Secondly I have to say this has become like my all time favourite mascara.  Seriously anytime I've worn this mascara I get compliments on how my lashes look, and who doesn't love being complimented on their mediocre makeup skills?

The Mile High Lashes Mascara in my opinion is also a steal, coming in at about €17.  My favourite thing about this mascara is the brush.  The bristles are thick and the brush head itself is very flexible, making it great for easy application.  




The formula of this mascara is amazing in my opinion, it's the blackest of black, it lengthens and adds volume to the lashes, without being clumpy, and it also curls the lashes.  I've been asked a number of time when wearing this mascara if I'm wearing falsies, but I never am (cause I am USELESS at putting them on).  So in my opinion that is a great mascara! 

For those interested the ingredients in this mascara are: WATER (AQUA), ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, BEESWAX (CERA ALBA), GLYCERYL STEARATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNUBA) WAX, PVP, EUPHORBIA CRIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX, STEARIC ACID, PARAFFIN, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, POLYBUTENE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1, 2 HEXANEDIOL, HYDROXYETHYL CELLULOSE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE (+/-) IRON OXIDE (CI 77491) <ILN C131072>


In the following makeup look I used the shade Puppy as my transition shade with a small bit of Jezebel in my crease.  I then used a mix of Espresso and Pewter in the outer corner and waterline and Wheat on my lid and Kitten in my inner corner and brow highlight.  I also used the Helen E Shimmer Pigment number 10 on my lid.  I also used Stila Mile High Lashes mascara and Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel number 77.  On my brows I am wearing Catrice Eyebrow Gel Filler number 020 and Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe. 











Hope you enjoyed this post, please let me know if you would like to see more posts like this!



Til the next time,



MK xo


No comments: