Wednesday 15 June 2016

Natural Make Up Look

How to wear as little makeup as possible, but still feel confident and pretty. 

A minimal make-up look with minimal effort. 

So like 90% of the time I am waaaaaay too lazy to put on a full face of makeup, but I still don't always want to go out for the day with no make up on. I think beauty most definitely comes from within, but girl, sometimes some of us need a little help.  In a society where its the norm for women to wear make-up to be classed as "pretty" it's hard to break this mould, and I know I feel more confident with a little bit of make up on my face sometimes. Even if its just to hide some blemishes and to brighten up my face so I don't look sick/dead. (I get really bad black circles under my eyes which makes me look like something from the walking dead) So, this is my go to natural make-up look using as little products as possible, but it still makes me feel confident and happy in how I look. 


(There's also a few hidden drug store dupes for high end products throughout the post)


1. I always wash my face every morning before putting on my make up. Always.  Sometimes just with cold water and soap, sometimes with cleanser, and sometimes with exfoliator.  It really depends on my mood that day, how long I have to get ready, and if my skin has been good and co-operating with me that day. 

2. Next step is moisturiser.  It's a must, like ABSOLUTE must even if I'm not wearing make up that day I will still moisturise.  At the moment I'm using Boots own brand cucumber moisturising cream.   I think it's brilliant, it makes my skin feel so soft, and it has cleared my dry skin right up, and it doesn't make my skin go oily! And bonus, its only $1.99, it lasts ages and it smells gorgeous (well if you like the smell of cucumber that is!) 



3. Next I use Boots Botanics Radiance Balm to add some luminosity to my skin. I mostly use this in the warmer months to give a healthy glow to my face, and brighten my face up!  Some days when I decide I don't want to wear make up at all, I'll just put this on my face to add some brighteness, and it's SPF 15 aswell which is great. (You should ALWAYS wear SPF on your face, everyday! It helps prevent sun damage and getting wrinkles early.) 




4.  Because I have quite large pores I use a pore cream along my nose to lessen how they look.  At the minute I'm using L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique Blur Cream in Light to Medium.  It's a dupe for Benefits Porefessional, and I thought I'd give it a go.  I really like this product , it really does lessen how huge my pores look, and it lasts ages too which is always good. I've had this one for about 9/10 months using it pretty much daily and its still going strong. I've been using this product for a long time, and I really don't see much of a difference between it and Porefessional, except for the price tag!  It's only about €15 for a 25ml tube, and Porefessional is about €35 ish for around the same size. 


5. Next step is the eyebrows.  I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe, and as you may have noticed in previous blog posts it is my all time favourite eyebrow product ever!!  Like seriously I have never found a product that suits my colouring so well before, it's GREAT! I cannot reccommend this enough to people! 



After applying this I then use Essence Clear Lash and Brow Gel to hold my brows in place. 





6. After eyebrows I put on my foundation.  Some days, when I'm having a REALLY good skin day I skip this step and just use concealor and powder.  But when I do use foundation for my natural look I use Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in Light Vanilla.  It's super light coverage on the skin, and feels like you're not wearing foundation at all which is what I like.  


7. I usually put my concealor on AFTER my foundation because then I can see the areas that need more coverage than the foundation is giving me.  Usually under my eyes, my forehead and around my nose and chin need some concealor.  I used the Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealor in Ivory underneath my eyes and on a couple of red spots on my forehead and chin.  I then used the Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealor also in Ivory on the bridge of my nose and along my cheek bones. The match perfection is a dupe for YSL  Touche Éclat and it's only a fraction of the price.  The Rimmel formula isn't as thick as the YSL and might need an extra layer or two, but for the cheaper price, it's an alright price to pay, for paying less. 



8. I then use a translucent matte powder all over my face.  My go to powder has always been Rimmel Stay Matte in 001 Translucent. I've used it since I began wearing makeup way back when! But as I've been looking for more cruelty free alternatives to my usual makeup I've started to use Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder in 010 Transparent, which so far I've found to be just as good!  It's a little bit more pinky than the Rimmel shade I used, but it's not noticeable on the skin which I liked. 



9. Some Highlight Please!! I am OBSESSED with theBalm's Mary Lou Manizer, it is MY FAVOURITE product in my make up bag at the minute! I would cover my whole body in this stuff!  I got the trio The Manizer Sisters  for €28 and its about €21 for just one so that was a great bargain.  Both can be bought on Cloud 10 beauty.  The bronzer is a bit dark for my skin for daytime, but with tan and nighttime make up its perfect.  AND its a beautifully pigmented bronze colour that is also perfect as an eyeshadow for a bronzed smoky eye. 



Swatches of The Manizer Sisters,  This photo doesn't do them ANY justice.

10.  Next up is Bronzer. For a daytime look I use Essence Sun Club Bronzer in Light. It smells of coconuts and its a great colour at a great price, which is more than enough reason to buy it!! I have the shimmer one and I want to get the matte one as well for different looks. This is also supposed to be a dupe for Mac's Give me Sun Bronzer though I haven't used that so I can't say for sure myself. 



11. Eye shadow, I know what you're thinking this is starting to be a lot for a "natural make up look" but just 2 or 3 nude shades, preferably matte to add some definition to the eye looks natural, trust me.  I used the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette Matte shades 04, 05 and 06 for this.  04 all over lid, 05 in crease, and 06 for some darker definition. 




12. Eyeliner, I can't leave the house without it. (When I'm wearing make up that is.) I have tiny little eyes so I like to line them and make them look a little bigger.  For a natural look I only use pencil liner to line my eyes, I don't bother with cat eyes.  I used Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner. It's one of my favourite eyeliners, I've used it for years! 




13. I then put a quick layer of Mascara on, at the minute I'm trying out new mascaras, so for this look I used Catrice Lashes to Kill.  I like this product, though it's not my favourite, still searching for a new mascara that I really really like! 



14. Finally to finish off the look, a slick of Benefit Hoola lipgloss, from The Bronze of Champions kit. 



And the finished look: 




Until the next time, 
MK xo

No comments: