Friday 1 April 2016

Review: Penneys/Primark Products

Review of the PS... Super Matte Liquid Lipstick and the PS... Gel Effect Nail Polish.

So I posted these guys up on my Facebook page almost 2 weeks ago, after trying both products multiple times I think its time for a quick review of them! (There may also be a small motd/fotd look at the end, just cause I liked my make-up today...) 



First up is the Gel Effect Nail Polish in Au Natural - 

€2 a bottle is a steal right?



I loved the colour of this nail varnish from the minute I seen it, and I was so excited to wear it, so I was really disappointed when it wasn't as good as I had hoped.  The colour really was gorgeous when I put it on, and it was really shiny too which I was happy with.  Unfortunately it chipped pretty quickly, within a few hours it was chipping away at the tops of my nails from where I was touching things or picking things up.  Still for €2 I couldn't really have too high hopes, could I?

How it looked on my nails when I first painted them. 

I loved the colour even more when it was actually on my nails. The photo doesn't do the colour any justice its a beautiful purple hued nude/grey colour. It's hard to describe but so pretty.  Any way I tried many things to prolong it's life, extra under and over coats, extra coats of the colour itself but not much better staying power.  So I am quite disappointed. 

The only thing I haven't tried with it is the PS... Clear Gel Polish, so I'm going to give it one more try with that before I give up.  I've heard the Essence Gel Polish are quite good and cheap too so I think they're my next purchase before splurging out on nail varnish, cause I usually pick the polish off once it gets chipped at all anyway! I'm so bad with my nails! 

Here's what my nails look like after about 4 days. (Sorry my nails are weirdly stained, I don't know why?)
Keep in mind I have picked at these a lot since they started to chip, but they're not pretty guys! :(


And now for the Matte Liquid Lipstick in Nude - (Its described as pink on the website, but I'd say it more in between the two) 


Only €2.50, comes in 3 different shades

I didn't have very high expectations for this to be honest, but I am somewhat pleasntly surprised I have to say. When I first put it on the day I got it it felt very dry and I was worried it was going to dry out my lips. (I have quite dry lips so this can be a problem.)
While it feels very dry on the lips, I didn't notice it drying my lips out anymore than they already are so that's a plus.  

Firstly, I really liked the colour, that was one of the main reasons I bought it, this nude colour is really similar to the one I have from Bourjois, but it is a little bit lighter. That and everyone is going mad for matte liquid lipsticks lately.  Normally the matte lipstick I use are the Bourjois ones, but I've heard good things about Sleek Make-Ups ones too.  However this little guy is only a fraction of the price, so if I can save money and still look good, I am all aboard that train! 

It can feel very dry on your lips if you put too much on, and it can look caked and AWFUL so be careful applying, and when re-applying during the day, I've found it's better to remove whats left on my lips first and then re-applying.  (I've worn it pretty much everyday since I bought it, to test it out for this post!) It's definitely more dry than my Bourjois one, but I don't necessarily think its too dry.  It kind of reminds me of the texture of my Wet n' Wild matte lipsticks. Anyway here's what it looks like:



How it looks straight after application. 


Here's how it looks when it has dried. (sorry for the quality, I had to zoom in) 
So as you can see it really is SUPER matte like it said, and I really like it! I love the shade, like I said it's a bit lighter than the one I normally use but I'm pretty happy with it, and why would I want two the exact same colour.  

A little trick I found with this lipstick as well to stop it feeling so dry is to put it on over a non-matte lipstick in a similar colour. (I used my Kate Nude Collection by Rimmel in 45) It really helps and it doesn't look any different. Except it helps prevent the matte lipstick from sticking to the really dry parts of your lips.  I'm sorry I don't have any comparison photos though. 

So for €2.50 all in all I think this is a pretty good product. Though because it is so matte and dry it is hard to use if you have cracked/dry lips like me, but the trick above does help alot! I still find it hard to get used to how it feels because it's so matte, but that's more of a personal preference than a complaint.  For the most part I quite like this liquid lipstick and it's great value too! 

Here's today's face, I was really happy with my make-up today so I decided to add it to the end of this post! I'm no professional mua or anything, and I'm certainly not the best at doing my make-up, but I don't know, I'm just really happy with how my face turned out today, and no one saw me so I wanted to share it with you guys! Haha! 







Well that's about it for today, hope you enjoyed this blog.  Sorry for my weird photos of random areas of my face, my face wasn't co-operating for full face selfies today, which was really annoying! 

Anyway, until the next time, 

MK xo

No comments: