Wednesday 17 February 2016

My Everyday Favourites

The staple Make-up items that I use daily and the brushes I use to apply my make up. 

I might not use all these products every single day, some days I'm lazy and wear less, some days I wear more, but for the most part these are the products I use on my face daily. 



Eyebrows: 

First up is the all important eyebrows.  Your brows frame your face and are probably the most important feature on your face.  Now for anyone who knows me knows that I am somewhat follically challenged in the eyebrow department... ie: I have like zero eyebrows. 

With product on
Without product 



So as you can see for yourself I have very little in the way of eyebrow hairs, and they are very light at that. So what I use to solve this problem; I've found Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade to be the best product for faking fuller eyebrows, without them looking too faked (I think?) Now as a natural blonde (when I was younger, but my hair has since gone mousy, but it still counts) I've always found it super difficult to find an eyebrow product that suits my hair and skin colour.  The closest I previously got was to blend a mixture of blonde and brown pencils/shadows in the past to get a decent colour, and even sometimes the colours would leave a redish/orange tone against my skin.  I searched and searched for ages before I found the right product, but honestly the Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe is the PERFECT match for my skin and hair.  I love everything about this product, its consistency, its colour and it's lasting power! And the little tub lasts for ages, I've had mine since August and I've barely made a dent in it! Definitely a must buy in my opinion! 





After applying the Dipbrow Pomade, I will set my eyebrows in place with Rimmel London Brow This Way in clear. (Sorry my ones gone a little coloured from the colour of my make-up) I will only use the clear because all the other colours are too dark, or have a redish/orange tone. 

What brushes I use: For my eyebrows I use two brushes, a Make-up For You brand spooly brush to brush my eyebrows into shape before I fill them in, and a Bobbi Brown angled brush to fill in my brows.  The Bobbi Brown Eye Definer brush is perfect for filling in brows, its small and defined and its good and stiff too.  It's my new favourite brush to use on my brows, but it is a little pricey.  Before that I was using an angled brush from Seventeen that was only a few euro in Boots. 



Face: 

So on my face first I use L'Oreal Blur Cream in Light as a base for the rest of my make-up.  I got this a few months ago to try out and I quite like it, it makes your face feel sooo smooth and it helps the make up blend on easier. 


I then use Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in Light Vanilla.  Its light coverage and I usually have quite clear skin so I try to use a light to medium coverage foundation all the time to show off the quality of my skin rather than hide it behind a mask of foundation.  

For concealor I use three different types on the different areas of my face. I use the Rimmel Wake me Up in Ivory underneath my eyes to get rid of the bags, I use Rimmel Match Perfection concealor in Ivory as a base for my highlighter.  I used to use Rimmel Hide the Blemish concealor in Ivory, to cover spots and to tidy up any mess I made of my make up, but I am now using the Catrice Coverstick in Nude. 



What brushes I use: For foundation I usually will apply it with the Real Techniques stippling brush, and then blend it and my concealor with a beauty blending sponge.  I love the Real Techniques sponge because of the flat edge and the pointed tip.  I also have a mini beauty blender that I use for concealor on small areas of my face. And I use an Eco-Tools concealor brush for using concealor to clean up my make up around my eyes and my brows when I inevitably mess up. 


Powder/Contour/Highlight:

I use Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent as my powder.  I've been using this powder for as long as I've been wearing make-up; I've tried many different matte powders but this is by far my favourite, for colour, matte-ness and staying power.  


Currently I'm using Catrice High Glow Highlighter I love Catrice products, like LOVE, and they're so cheap too.  And this little beauty is no different, it's wonderfully pigmented and sparkly but not too much! Just what you want for everyday and for nighttime wear. 


For bronzer/contour I use my beloved Benefit Hoola Bronzer.  My lovely Journo Gals were kind to me for my 21st and gave me the Benefit The Bronze of Champions set, with a little mini Hoola in it and I am very much a fan of it!! So thanks girls! 



What brushes I use: For my powder I use the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Powder brush, for contour I use the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber contour brush, and I use a Make-Up for You fan brush for highlight!




Eyes:

For my eyes I am a lover of eyeliner, and my go-to liners are kohl pencil and gel. I don't particularly like working with liquid liner, I always end up making a mess.  
The gel liner I use pretty much every day is Inglot Gel Liner 77 (Black) I love it's staying power and how easy it is to apply.  Mine has gone slightly dried because I've had it a while, so I'm considering investing in Inglot Duraline to help with this, and it will also help with eyeshadow/pigment application too, so BONUS! 



The pencil eyeliner I use is Rimmel Exagerate waterproof liner I need a waterproof liner for my waterline because I have really watery eyes, and this one is really good, another one I love is Catrice Made To Stay Inside Eye Khôl Kajal it's another fave, and a really good waterproof liner!



For mascara I SWEAR by Falsies by Maybelline, I've been wearing this mascara for such a long time and it has always been a personal favourite, trust me it's just perfect! I also love the Wet n Wild waterproof mascara to add waterproofing to my lashes because there isn't a waterproof falsies! 


What brushes I use: For my eyeliner I use 3 different brushes, depending on what kind of look I'm going for, Inglot 23t , Real Techniques Fine eyeliner brush and a Make-up for You brush, that's actually a lip brush, but it works wonderfully for eyeliner!




Lips: 

For my lips I tend to use a whole range of different glosses and lipsticks daily, but the one common denominator is my lip liner, I ALWAYS use Catrice Longlasting Lip Liner I think I must have one in every colour now at this stage, but the three I use most are Vintage Rose, I Got You Babe, and Prince Cherry. I love these lip liners, they really are long lasting, and they're such a bargain too!



So I think that's pretty much it. 

Til the next time, 

MK xo

No comments: