Monday 20 July 2015

Review: Smashbox Full Exposure Pallette

Today I'm going to be reviewing the Smashbox Full Exposure eyeshadow palette and mascara. 

I was lucky enough to be treated to the gift of the Smashbox Full Exposure palette recently after talking about getting it for a while (Thanks John!) and I finally got to use it this week and I'm going to share my experience with you. 




Smashbox Full Exposure palette and mascara

Okay so first off I want to say I was so excited about this palette from the second I saw it, it looks so pretty and the colours look so pigmented and pretty!

I love the soft matte packaging of the palette and the shimery writing on it, I really like the look of it and how its packaged. I also love that it  came with this little list that gives like 3 different shadow looks for like every different shaped eye, I though this was a really smart idea and really helpful for anyone who's unsure of what to do with their eye make-up. 

When I opened it I got super excited, the colours looked so pigmented and pretty and I was surprised by the size of the mirror, which is quite big, and very good for doing your make-up in!

Inside the palette

Like I said the colours look super pigmented and the shimmer shades look super sparkely and pretty. There are 7 matte shades and 7 shimmer shades to match. The palette also comes with a little two sided brush, one side for shimmer and one for matte. 

When I done out swatches of the colours I was very impressed with how well the colours came out, I really like the shades, especially the two pinkish shades in the middle which are definitely my favourite. 

Here are the swatches (sorry about the quality, I tried and failed to get a good photo) 

Shimmer shades

Matte shades


Now for how they look on the eyes. The palette comes with a two sided brush, one for the matte shades and one for the shimmers.

I'm not a big fan of the brush for the shimmer shades, I found it doesn't really do anything for the eye shadow and it doesn't actually look nice, so I tried a brush I already had and I still wasn't happy with the result. 


I decided to try use my finger to pat on the shimmer shades and I was a lot happier with how this looked. I also heard that wetting your finger before putting on the shadow helps too, so I did this I used water and I used a small bit of my urban decay setting spray and both came out pretty much the same. 

By doing this the shimmer colour was finally as pigmented on my eyes as it looks in the palette and I was delighted with the outcome!

So here's how my make-up looked when I eventually got it to look how I wanted it too!






I was very happy with the outcome once I discovered how to get the best results. I also used the Full Exposure mascara here which I got free with the palette, but I'm not very fond of it. It didn't really do an awful lot for my eyelashes which are quite short anyway. 

I would recommend this palette to anyone who's looking for a new neutral shade palette, it definitely has the most shimmer shades and a great variety of hues and shades in the shadows. 

Hope you liked this review! 

Until the next time, 

Mk xo



No comments: